How to Get Screen Time Under Control in Your Home
I grew up in a home with one TV and no cable. I remember getting our first computer and playing DOS games like Commander Keen and Prince of Persia 😂. It wasn’t until I was married that I sent my first text message.
All that to say, the world that my kids are growing up sure is a much different one than I grew up in. Better or worse, I’m not sure 🤷♀️...but it’s definitely different. As a parent it can be hard to know how to approach things like screen time with our kids 📺 . How much is too much?
In this video I discuss the following:
- What is the recommended amount of screen time?
- The importance of making a plan regarding how much screen time your kids will have.
- Giving yourself grace to deviate from the plan you set when life throws you a curve ball.
- What happens when kids have screen time right before bed.
- How to put safe guards in place to protect your kiddos from content that isn't safe.
Check out podcast #19 for more insight into this hot topic!